Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving. Thanks.

Today I spent my own time solitary. The remainder of the time I spent at work. The Road Captain brought me a plate of Thanksgiving. I really appreciate you guys doing that. Ironic that for the year that I spent remembering how much I love my family that I spend today basically alone.

At work, I spent the day with some guys who spent today pondering what they are thankful for without the benefit of doing that with their families. Hard times. That's what we're there for, though. We're their {redacted} Family. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I was able to be there for them when others cannot or will not.

I wrote poetry today for the first time in a long while. Someone out there knows why, but I'm just going to share that for some reason I always write in haiku. Tidbit to know about me, FYI.

I'm going to miss Woodchuck. Chickadee had better take care of him out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment