Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SCF 2012 Pt 1

Summer Camp Finds 2012
So getting back to the blog, I thought it'd be nice to post about my favorite acts from Summer Camp this year.
Future Rock is a jam band you may be familiar with. They are a 3-piece electronic/dance act. They put on one hell of a rave. Here's one of their better songs.

I was actually present for the performance below.

Future Rock gets a 4 out of 5 for being a real fun start to the weekend for me and the best dance party around.

The Giving Tree Band is the first show I caught on Friday. This first song is a Grateful Dead cover, but it showcases the band really well.

These guys were pretty amazing live. Between the 7 of them, there were 15 different instruments they wielded. They combined for a great folky-rock vibe with a rich sound.

The Giving Tree Band is 5 out of 5. They kicked a lot of ass. I'm looking forward to seeing them again another time. I even chose to stay and listen to them rather than being dragged off by a random hippie chick.
Tomorrow: More

No comments:

Post a Comment