Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SCF 2012 Pt 2

Summer Camp Finds 2012
So Day 2 of my series here covers Friday-Saturday Afternoon at Summer Camp this year.
Weir Robinson Greene Acoustic Trio is made up of three very talented musicians. You may recognize Bobby Weir from an obscure local San Francisco band.

Chris Robinson you may have also heard of, he's the singer of a little Atlanta group.

The last part of the group I hadn't heard of myself before this. However, since then I've been looking around for his stuff, and he's just as talented as the other two.
I give the Acoustic Trio a 5 out of 5, because they played an amazing set that was full of nostalgic Dead songs. Seeing the Road Captain singing "What A Long Strange Trip It's Been" from Truckin with his sleeve rolled up to show the lyrics, with Bobby less than 10 feet from him, was a highlight. Oh, here it is. There is a firm possibility that is his hand at 1:17.

So Primus was also there.

Their show sucked. 1 out of 5. They brought on two guests with a banjo and an accordion or some shit, then I decided to leave. I left the show before I was able to see this one:

Tomorrow: More

No comments:

Post a Comment